Etar Calendar alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "App" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Etar Calendar or a related project?
Etar (from Arabic:
إِيتَار) is an open source material designed calendar made for everyone!
Well, I wanted a simple, material designed and state of the art open source calendar that anyone can make better.
The application is an enhanced version of AOSP Calendar. Without the help of Free Software for Android team, this app would be just a dream. So thanks to them!
- Month view.
- Week, day & agenda view.
- Uses Android calendar sync. Works with Google Calendar, Exchange, etc.
- Material designed.
- -Agenda widget.- (disabled until #373 and #374 are fixed. Use Calendar Widget as an alternative.)
How to use Etar
Store your calendar on the phone only:
- Use offline calendar to create a local calendar on your phone.
Sync your calendar to a server:
- A cloud-synched calendar could be a google calendar, but you can also use any other public Caldav-server or even host your own (which would be the only way to keep full control over your data and still have ONE calendar usable from different devices.) To sync such a calendar to some server you need yet another app, e. g. DAVx5. That’s necessary because a Caldav client isn't included in Etar.
The following link provides a tutorial how to use Nextcloud + DAVx5 + Etar.
On Android there are "Calendar providers". These can be calendars that are synchronized with a cloud service or local calendars. Basically any app could provide a calendar. Those "provided" calendars can be used by Etar. You can even configure in Etar which ones are to be shown and when adding an event to which calendar it should be added.
Important permissions Etar requires
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
->import and export ics calendar files
->allows search and location suggestions when adding guests to an event
- READ_CALENDAR & WRITE_CALENDAR
->read and create calendar events
Interested in helping to translate Etar? Contribute here: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/etar-calendar/strings/
Google Play app description:
You can update/add your own language and all artwork files [here](metadata)
Install and extract Android SDK command line tools.
tools/bin/sdkmanager platform-tools export ANDROID_HOME=/path/to/android-sdk/ git submodule update --init gradle build
Copyright (c) 2005-2013, The Android Open Source Project
Copyright (c) 2013, Dominik Schürmann
Copyright (c) 2015-, The Etar Project
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Etar Calendar README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.