Flow v1.0-alpha Release NotesRelease Date: 2016-02-18 // over 6 years ago
📄 Presented for review and feedback. API should still be considered unstable, docs incomplete, and functionality buggy. All of the above should be mostly resolved before beta.
1.0 brings major functional improvements and API changes.
- 🔧 Activity integration has been rewritten and is much simpler. One line to configure and install; one optional line to handle the back button; one optional line to handle new Intent. Flow handles lifecycle internally.
- 👍 Resource management (including shared resources) is now natively supported via TreeKeys-- Path has effectively been absorbed and simplified. Contexts are now managed internally and there's much less nesting of wrappers.
- 🔊 Multiple simultaneous states are now supported via MultiKeys-- Flow now works natively with UIs composed of dialogs, sheets, master-detail views, etc. MultiKeys can be composed of TreeKeys for resource sharing.
- Persistence has been expanded and simplified. You can now save a Bundle along with view state, and Flow takes care of all the lifecycle.
- Nested/queued traversals are much safer and more efficient.
goBackoperation in particular is safer and more predictable.
- 💾 Save state and view state are managed internally and orthogonally to History; you no longer have to take care to avoid losing state when changing History.