HockeyApp v5.0.0-beta.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-08-03 // over 4 years ago
💥 Breaking Changes
🚀 This release comes with one major breaking change. HockeySDK 5.0.0-beta.1 raises the minimum API level to 15.
🏗 In addition, we no longer support restricting builds by device id. The reason is that, with Android O,
ANDROID_IDno longer ensures a consistent way of identification of a user.
To be ready for Android O, HockeySDK-Android now limits the
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGEpermission with the
maxSdkVersionfilter. In some use cases, e.g. where an app contains a dependency that requires this permission,
maxSdkVersionmakes it impossible for those dependencies to grant or request the permission. The solution for those cases is to declare the
tools:node="replace"manifest merging strategy later in the dependency tree:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" tools:node="replace"/>
Thx a lot to Lauri for notifying us.
🚀 In addition, this release contains the following changes:
- 👍 [IMPROVEMENT] Support for Android O.
- ⚠ [IMPROVEMENT] Code scans no longer trigger warnings related to usage of
ANDROID_IDas we are no longer using it.
- 👍 [IMPROVEMENT] The SDK supports Android Strict Mode way better as it no longer violates it.
- [IMPROVEMENT] We've improved the way we send Feedback attachments.
- ⚡️ [IMPROVEMENT] The SDK no longer caches information about in-app updates to make sure updates are available immediately. The iOS SDK has behaved like this for a while and we decided to align the behavior across SDKs.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Metrics no longer leaks a connection.
⚡️ Updating the HockeySDK
🚀 We didn't remove any API with this release. Just update to this version and you're good to go!