KBarcode alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "QRCode" category.
Alternatively, view KBarcode alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of KBarcode or a related project?
A library to help implement barcode scanning.
Another barcode library. Yawn.
We can understand why you may think that, but there are some key reasons we decided to write a new barcode library.
- Quality We want this library to be a high quality production ready library.
- Camera2 Many barcode libraries still use camera1 API's. These are now deprecated and although unlikely to be removed, you can get better performance and stability from camera2. You are also safe in the knowledge that Android will work to fix issues, and the library will have more longevity.
- MLKit This library uses Google MLKit to process the frames and return barcodes. The Google team are committed to these API's and continue to work to improve them.
- Tested We want this library to have tests. It's surprising how many don't.
- Simple We want the implementation to be simple, but not try to hide away too much of the complexity of the task.
See the releases section for details about each release and any migration steps required.
Releases requiring migration:
Releases with behaviour changes:
For a detailed look at the library and a full get started guide checkout the wiki
We welcome community involvement with this library. We want this library to be useful for others, and of a high production quality.
Please do raise issues if you find problems with the library, sample or its documentation. We have provided a template to use.
If you find an issue, why not try to fix it and create a pull request. We run CI checks on every pull request which must pass. To run these locally
./gradlew check connectedAndroidTest
This will run our code standards checks, lint, tests and instrumented tests.
If you're keen to help, why not fix someone else's issue.
You can submit feature requests as issues. As mentioned above we want this library to be simple, high quality and production ready. We therefore may be selective about which features we wish to include in order to achieve these goals.
Before fully coding a feature, why not raise an issue to start a discussion with us.
This library is maintained by the Brightec team
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the KBarcode README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.