robotium alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Test" category.
Alternatively, view robotium alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of robotium or a related project?
User scenario testing for Android
Robotium is an Android test automation framework that has full support for native and hybrid applications. Robotium makes it easy to write powerful and robust automatic black-box UI tests for Android applications. With the support of Robotium, test case developers can write function, system and user acceptance test scenarios, spanning multiple Android activities.
See Questions & Answers for common Robotium questions and answers.
See Getting Started for instructions and examples on how to create your first Robotium tests.
Join the discussions in the Robotium Developers Group.
NEWS: Robotium 5.6.3 is released!
Robotium 5.6.3 is the fastest, most accurate and stable version of Robotium yet.
New functionality includes: clickInRecyclerView(int itemIndex, int recyclerViewIndex, int id) and Config.sleepDuration, Config.sleepMiniDuration (to adjust the execution speed, lower means faster) and more. See the Javadoc for more information.
Robotium provides the following benefits:
- Test Android apps, both native and hybrid.
- Requires minimal knowledge of the application under test.
- The framework handles multiple Android activities automatically.
- Minimal time needed to write solid test cases.
- Readability of test cases is greatly improved, compared to standard instrumentation tests.
- Test cases are more robust due to the run-time binding to UI components.
- Fast test case execution.
- Integrates smoothly with Maven, Gradle or Ant to run tests as part of continuous integration.
- Check out Robotium Recorder that will allow you to record Robotium test cases in minutes. Now also available for Android Studio!