Skycons alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Icons" category.
Alternatively, view Skycons alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
6.1 0.9 Skycons VS androidiconsAndroidicons is a professional, handcrafted icon set with 250 icons in 14 different colors and 5 sizes, including an icon font and all sources.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Skycons or a related project?
We set out to create a native weather app on Xamarin but we wanted to build something unique to differentiate ourselves amongst the plethora of weather apps avaialble out there. The DarkSky app & Forecast did an excellent job with their Skycons.
We wanted to re-use the same icons for our app as well, however, we found that these animated icons don't exist natively on either platforms. This is currently a work-in-progress as the team is finetuning the animation & the performance itself. You can download the complete repository which also contains the sample project SkyconsDemo.
Built with Android Studio (2.2.3)
|Clear Sky (Sunny)||SunView|
|Partly Cloudy Day||CloudSunView|
|Partly Cloudy Night||CloudMoonView|
How to use
- Deployment target should be API level 14 or above.
- Import 'SkyconsLibrary' as a library to your project.
1) To add a skycon(icon) through the XML: <com.thbs.skycons.library.<skycon> android:layout_width="250dp" android:layout_height="250dp" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" app:isStatic = "true" app:strokeColor = "#000000" app:bgColor = "#ffffff"/> where <skycon> represents the particular view/icon. For example "MoonView" 2) To add a skycon(For instance, WindView) through Java code, perform following in the activity: LinearLayout layout = new LinearLayout(this); LinearLayout.LayoutParams params = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams( LinearLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT, LinearLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT); layout.setLayoutParams(params); //Using these params, you can control view attributes //attributres include boolean isStatic,boolean isAnimated, int strokeColor , int backgroundColor WindView windView = new WindView(this,true,false, Color.parseColor("#000000"),Color.parseColor("#ffffff")); //Using these params, you can control width & height of the icon params.width = 200; params.height = 200; windView.setLayoutParams(params); layout.addView(windView); this.setContentView(layout);
- For a better experience, keep 'layout_width' & 'layout_height' the same.
|layout_width||100dp (recommended min value)||Width of icon|
|layout_height||100dp (recommended min value)||Height of the icon|
|isStatic||True / False||Boolean Value to enable on-touch animation|
|strokeColor||HEX||Customize the color of the icon|
|bgColor||HEX||Customize the background colour|
Pull Requests are welcomed. We are looking forward for your suggestions on new icons & animations.
Skycons for Android is being made available in public domain under similar terms like the original
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Skycons README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.