StaggeredGridView alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "GridView Widget" category.
Alternatively, view StaggeredGridView alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
GridView with Header and Footer
An example of a gridview with various column span items and drag and drop support like Google keep has
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of StaggeredGridView or a related project?
This is a modified version of Android's experimental StaggeredGridView. The StaggeredGridView allows the user to create a GridView with uneven rows similar to how Pinterest looks. Includes own OnItemClickListener and OnItemLongClickListener, selector, and fixed position restore.
To use StaggeredGridView in your projects, simply add this project to your workspace then add it as a library project to your current project.
StaggeredGridView can be added as a custom view to any layout.
Attributes supported (same behavior as GridView):
- numColumns : determines the amount of columns to be drawn
- drawSelectorOnTop : determine if selector should be drawn on top
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools" xmlns:staggered="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" android:id="@+id/mainLayout"> <com.origamilabs.library.views.StaggeredGridView android:id="@+id/staggeredGridView1" staggered:numColumns="2" staggered:drawSelectorOnTop="true" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /> </LinearLayout>
The StaggeredGridView includes its own interface's OnItemClickListener, and OnItemLongClickListener since StaggeredGridView does not extend an AdapterView. Behavior is the same.
onItemClick(StaggeredGridView parent, View view, int position, long id); onItemLongClick(StaggeredGridView parent, View view, int position, long id);
No tests have been written however I have tested this View manually with 2.2.2+ devices. Please report any issues.
- implement more custom attributes to mirror GridView's attributes
- develop tests
- support multiple choice mode
- currently restoring position can result in the views to be slightly offset when user flings to the top. This is corrected by checking the offsets when position 0 is reached. Would like to dig deeper into the issue.