stf v3.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-08-09 // over 2 years ago
- ➕ Added support for Android O Developer Preview 1 (note that any later previews are not supported yet)
- You can now set screen JPEG quality with the
SCREEN_JPEG_QUALITYenvironment variable at launch time. Can be useful for slow networks.
- 📜 Switched to yargs for option parsing to make it easier to modify the CLI.
- 💻 Almost all command line options can now be specified with environment variables.
- Internal commands are now hidden from help output but can still be used.
- ⚙ Running the
stfbinary without a command now errors and shows help output (previously there was no output whatsoever).
- 👌 Improved help messages for various options.
- ➕ Added an app switch key. Thanks @koral--!
- 🛠 Fixed Lenovo A806 and most likely other cheap Lenovo devices as well by updating adbkit.
- 🛠 Fixed ZUK Z1, Z2 and others by adding an alternate install location for our binaries, since
/data/local/tmpis mounted as noexec on those devices. Thanks @dkw72n!
- ⚡️ Updated adbkit-apkreader to resolve issues with certain APK files that were unparseable and therefore failed installation. We've only seen a single a single APK with this issue, but there could be more.
- ⚡️ Updated adbkit-apkreader to resolve another unrelated parsing issue with slightly malformed manifest files.
- ⚡️ Updated adbkit to resolve an issue where trailing spaces in an adb public key would cause an error during adb connect.
- ⚡️ Updated adbkit to resolve issues with log parsing on Android 7.0 and later, caused by Android no longer transforming
- ⚡️ Updated adbkit to resolve an issue with recent versions of ADB that include a null byte in
adbkey.pub, which was causing validation to fail.
- 🛠 Fixed minitouch on Blackberry PRIV.
- ⚡️ We now use please-update-dependencies to check for outdated dependencies when running from source. It's a super quick local check that compares
package.jsonwith installed dependencies. Should help avoid unnecessary issues caused by forgetting to run
💥 Breaking changes
- ⚡️ Node v6.9.x or later is now required. Earlier versions will not work. To avoid a sudden flood of issues about this change, please-update-dependencies enforces the minimum version and tells you if you need to update.
- 🚚 The
-Cshortcut for the
--no-cleanupoption has been removed due to the switch to yargs. Please use the full
- Although likely not used by anyone, it was possible to give multiple ZeroMQ endpoints to options such as
--connect-pushby separating them with commas. This is still possible but now works in a different way due to the switch to yargs. Comma-separated hosts in a single value are no longer accepted. If you need to specify multiple hosts, simply use the option as many times as you like. This change is unlikely to have any impact whatsoever on most users.
- 🚚 The
stf doctorhas been removed due to unnecessary complexity.