👍 EventBus 3.1 with plain Java support
🚀 Full announcement: http://greenrobot.org/release/eventbus-3-release-annotations/
✂ Removed deprecated APIs: A year ago in Version 2.2.0, a couple of EventBus methods were deprecated and flagged to be removed in a future release. Well, version 2.4.0 is that release. Clean ups like this one keep the API concise and simple.
Note: No new feature were added since 2.3.0. Use this release if you do not rely on deprecated APIs.
- 🆕 New EventBusBuilder to configure EventBus instances (including the getDefault() instance, #124)
- ➕ Added configuration to disable "No subscribers registered for event" logs (EventBusBuilder, #107, #117)
- ➕ Added configuration to disable sending SubscriberExceptionEvent and NoSubscriberEvent (EventBusBuilder)
- ➕ Added configuration to fail when subscribers throw exceptions (EventBusBuilder, #55)
- ➕ Added configuration to use an existing thread pool (EventBusBuilder, #115)
- ➕ Added configuration to disable event inheritance improving performance for apps with high event rates (EventBusBuilder)
- 🛠 Fixed performance regression sneaked into V2.2.x affecting (first time) registration of subscribers
- ⚡️ Updated to Gradle 2.1, using wrapper
- 🐎 EventBusTest and EventBusPerformance use Gradle to build
- ➕ Added hasSubscriberForEvent to check if currently subscribers exist registered to a given event type
- 👌 Improved README.md and extracted an extended HOWTO.md and CHANGELOG.md from it
- Ignore compiler generated methods (#76)
- Various small code improvements (#120 among many others)
Note: This is your last chance to use APIs that were deprecated in V2.2.0. It's recommended to switch to Version 2.4.0 (or above) at your earliest convenience.
v2.2.0November 18, 2013
v1.0.1July 31, 2012