Fresco v2.2.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-03-17 // 24 days ago
No data yet 😐
You can check the official repo
Previous changes from v2.0.0
💥 Breaking Dependency Change
👍 We bumped the major version since Fresco is now using AndroidX support libraries.
👍 If you are still using the previous support library, please use version 1.14.2 until you've migrated to AndroidX.
🆕 New Flipper Images Plugin
📚 We've open sourced our Flipper images plugin, which makes it easy for you to debug images within your application. Take a look at the Flipper documentation here: https://fbflipper.com/docs/features/images-plugin.html
It also allows you to track unclosed
CloseableReferences if you're using the image pipeline directly.
🛠 Fixes and Improvements
- ➕ Added explicit color management (51efaa7). See #2323 for more information.
- ➕ Added API to get the size of the disk cache.
- 🛠 Fix scaling up image with RoundingParams.
- Prevent Fresco from crashing for certain invalid GIFs.
- ➕ Added local content URI support for fetching encoded images.
- ➕ Added
CloseableReferenceleak tracking. You can hook up your own listener to track unclosed references.
- Video thumbnails: generate video thumbnail from content provider when we cannot get file path.
- ⚡️ Updated the Showcase sample app to enable the Flipper images plugin and started using Kotlin.
- Display Image URI in Fresco's debug overlay.
- 👌 Improved image origin listener accuracy.
- ➕ Added caller context verification to the ImagePipeline. You can now check whether proper image attribution (caller context) is set.
Full changelog: v1.13.0...v2.0.0