Fresco v2.3.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-07-20 // almost 2 years ago
⬆️ Bumped Fresco's minSdk to 14. We did not remove any Gingerbread-specific code yet, but will do so soon. 091e8b7
👍 Proper nullability annotations for some classes by using new Infer annotations - this improves Kotlin support and null-safety.
👌 Improved Java-only Fresco setup. 4a99615
Lots of debug logging improvements: More reliable image origin, new MEMORY_BITMAP_SHORTCUT origin, more debug information available. These are available via
➕ Added experimental option to recover from OOMs: f43d599
➕ Added option to force a single image pipeline instance: 5f5c076
🔌 Disk cache support for the Fresco Flipper images plugin.
⬆️ Bumped SoLoader version to 0.9.0.
buildSrcfor Fresco's internal dependency management.
🚧 WIP: Lots of improvements for our new Fresco Vito UI components.
- 🛠 Fixed resource leak problem while using BlurPostProcessor. Thanks @FrancescoJo for the PR.
- 👉 Make sure there is at least one overlay in GenericDraweeHierarchy. Thanks @dengweichao for the PR.
- ✂ Removed unused padding value. Thanks @erenulas for the PR.
- ✂ Removed Drawee-Volley module. If you're using Drawee-Volley, you can still continue using it by just copying the files removed with 7c2517e into your project. We did not significantly change these in a long time, so this has been stable.
- ✂ Removed OkHttp2 image pipeline artifact. See deba7d1
Full changelog: v2.2.0...v2.3.0
Previous changes from v2.0.0
💥 Breaking Dependency Change
👍 We bumped the major version since Fresco is now using AndroidX support libraries.
👍 If you are still using the previous support library, please use version 1.14.2 until you've migrated to AndroidX.
🆕 New Flipper Images Plugin
📚 We've open sourced our Flipper images plugin, which makes it easy for you to debug images within your application. Take a look at the Flipper documentation here: https://fbflipper.com/docs/features/images-plugin.html
It also allows you to track unclosed
CloseableReferences if you're using the image pipeline directly.
🛠 Fixes and Improvements
- ➕ Added explicit color management (51efaa7). See #2323 for more information.
- ➕ Added API to get the size of the disk cache.
- 🛠 Fix scaling up image with RoundingParams.
- Prevent Fresco from crashing for certain invalid GIFs.
- ➕ Added local content URI support for fetching encoded images.
- ➕ Added
CloseableReferenceleak tracking. You can hook up your own listener to track unclosed references.
- Video thumbnails: generate video thumbnail from content provider when we cannot get file path.
- ⚡️ Updated the Showcase sample app to enable the Flipper images plugin and started using Kotlin.
- Display Image URI in Fresco's debug overlay.
- 👌 Improved image origin listener accuracy.
- ➕ Added caller context verification to the ImagePipeline. You can now check whether proper image attribution (caller context) is set.
Full changelog: v1.13.0...v2.0.0