DBFlow v5.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-10-21 // almost 3 years ago
📦 1. Rename package name for project to
com.dbflow5. Some significant package reorganization that makes much more sense going forward.
- Project is back under my account! To include, please replace uses of "com.github.raizlabs.dbflow:" to "com.github.agrosner.dbflow:" in project dependencies.
🆕 3. Added new
contentprovider(splits out use into separate module). Expect a
livedatamodule in next couple releases. Removed RXJava 1 support.
- Library is now 100% KOTLIN! (except generated java code, which can't quite yet be Kotlin). All kotlin-extensions modules have rolled into their java counterpart as a single Kotlin unit.
- Simplifications in API for Transactions to eliminate redundancies. Also, now Transaction require a type parameter R which is return value. They now return a value, and have a completion() callback. All interfaces have rolled into Kotlin Typealias to methods. 💅 6. All sqlite query language infix (LINQ-style) methods rolled into the query language!
- Attempted to keep java compatibility and nice API. If anything is missing, please file a bug.
save()now use a
insert or replacestatement rather than a load of the model from the db and then inserting / saving based on that, resulting in significant performance increase. 0️⃣ 9. no more
ContentValuesused at all in any CRUD operations under the hood, and by default these don't get generated:
bindToContentValues. if you need them, set
@Table(generateContentValues = true). 💥 10. Breaking Change : By default
@Table(allFields = true), meaning you dont have to explicitly mark each property as part of DB. Previously you had to use
- Project is back under my account! To include, please replace uses of "com.github.raizlabs.dbflow:" to "com.github.agrosner.dbflow:" in project dependencies. 🆕 3. Added new
Previous changes from v4.2.4
SqlUtilstakes in a
DatabaseWrapper. ✅ 2. Fix broken annotation processor code output tests. #1437
- Fix issues where
DatabaseStatementin library in wrapper statements were not closed properly. #1497
- Fix issue where single reference (non table object) used wrong name for property in the primary condition clause, causing compile issue. #1504