MaterialTransitions alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "ViewPagerHeaderScrollDemo" category.
Alternatively, view MaterialTransitions alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
4.4 0.0 L5 MaterialTransitions VS u2020-mvp[DEPRECATED] Port of Jake Wharton's U2020 sample app with use of MVP and Dagger 2
A simple sample showing the different types of notifications on Andoid
2.8 0.0 L4 MaterialTransitions VS AndroidTVExplorerA sample project which can be used as a base in order to develop Media Library applications for Android TV. Follow the series of blogs starting at http://www.malmstein.com/blog/2014/10/21/building-applications-for-android-tv/ in order to keep up to date with the process
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MaterialTransitions or a related project?
See ListOfThings for a newer implementation.
Android Material Transitions
This Android project samples some Material Design-ish transitions for list items and floating action buttons. It uses the the shared element concept introduced in Android 5.0. I tried to pull it off with pure fragment transitions and ran into a few stags (see below) so my current solution uses an activity transition for each step.
Activity Transition tricks:
- Generate a background bitmap immediately before the transition and pass it to the called activity
- Suppress the view overaly (used by default for activity transitions) to keep shared elements behind the toolbar & system bars
- Fall back to fade and scale activity transitions when < 5.0
Fragment Transition issues:
- animating a shared element appears to only work when using .replace() - not .add()
- Unlike Activity transitions, the view overlay is not used for fragment transitions so shared elements might animate behind other views (especially when reversing a transition). setElevation() helps some of the time.
- if transitionName is set at runtime (with java - not xml) it may not survive all lifecycle events. E.g. when returning to a fragment from popBackStack()
- On Activity transitions the second activity's elements are animated when the transition is played forward AND when reversed. For Fragment transitions, the second activity's elements are animated when played forward but the first activity's elements are animated when reversed.
Copyright 2015 Todd Way Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MaterialTransitions README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.