hellomap-android alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Demo" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of hellomap-android or a related project?
Please note: This repository is not currently maintained, and is kept for historical purpose only. You can find an up to date tutorial here: https://github.com/googlemaps/android-samples/tree/master/tutorials/MapWithMarker
A fast way to get started with the Google Maps Android API v2.
Current version of library dependencies:
- Google Play Services Maps 8.4.0
- Android Studio
Java Development Kit (JDK) Download
Android SDK Download
Download Android Studio
Download Android Studio (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
Open the project
- On the welcome screen, select "Open an existing Android Studio project" or if you have a project open, choose "File->Open...""
- Navigate to the checked out project
- Press "Ok"
Add your API key
- Navigate to google_maps_api.xml
- Replace "your_api_key" with an API key generated using these instructions
Run the app
- Ensure your phone is in plugged in, developer mode enabled and screen unlocked
- Press the green arrow, or choose Run>Run
I see a grey map
Follow the instructions under "Add your API key" and try again. The logcat output will also provide useful information if there is a configuration issue with the package name, signing certificate or API key.